Every day (mostly), like a sparkling word machine, we send a carefully chosen and meticulously sourced excerpt from fiction or letter, a short poem, provocative quotation, flash fiction, prose poem, interesting list, etc. by the best authors on the planet.
A kind of commonplace book, one day at time, direct to your inbox.
What Do Readers Say?
- “Nailed it!”
- “Wow. This. By a writer I do not know!”
- “So love this one.”
- “That’s a fantastic second paragraph. ¶ I mean, the first is great too.”
- “Thank you for including a letter from Keats. His collected letters are a remarkably intelligent and moving literary accomplishment”
- “…what a delightful, and delightfully worded, idea/concept! So beautiful. Thank you for sharing.”
- “Holy sh*t. Is that what the book is like? ¶ I’ve read some of his later stuff, which I enjoyed, but nothing so intense as this.”
- “Brilliant! Love the imagery, especially the last paragraph, the last sentence.”
- “…beautiful wording, just beautiful. Love it, I had to keep rereading. Every word so carefully chosen. delivered in such a pragmatic way, until the very last line, which turns it all around.”
- “What a last stanza!”
- “An entire self help book in just one poem!”
- “Love that one line(r)”
- “I don’t think I can read this without tearing up.”